- Apple obliterates iPhone sales records again.
Yep. It’s a massacre and Apple is the last man standing. This has been a blockbuster few years and it’s only growing. Apple has an honest shot of becoming not just the largest tech company in the world by market value, but the largest company in the world period. It is just about $60 billion away in market cap from Exxon Mobil.
- AMD says Xbox 720 graphics will be on par with Avatar.
This should be taken with a grain of salt. AMD makes the current chip, but we don’t know what’s up. We’ll find out at the next E3.
- Google detecting viruses from its end, at least on form of Windows-specific Malware.
Get the hell out of my system, Google. But still, this is useful.
- The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation calls for innovation in toilet, backs it up with $42 million.
No shit, this is serious business. The toilet was one of the most important innovations from a societal health standpoint, but it only impacted something like a third of the world. The foundation has a $42 million challenge that says we can do better.
- Nokia’s Windows Phone 7.5 device “Sea Ray” spotted in the wild.
And she looks gorgeous, I tell you what.
- ChevronWP7 developer unlock tool to cost $9.
This is exceedingly reasonable. Some people may chaff at that, but seriously, $9 instead of $99 and many of the rules you need to be an official developer. You don’t get some of the developer perks, but you get the freedom to really unleash your device.
- Microsoft walks away from bid for Hulu.
This makes me sad. As an Xbox Live user, this would have been an excellent service to roll into it. However, this doesn’t actually mean that Microsoft can’t come back in later rounds. They’ve just removed themselves from this round of bids.
- Google+ app for iPhone now available.
Well, it’s here. Finally. Will WP7 ever get an app? Probably not. But then, there are way more iOS users so, have at it. G+ really is remarkable.
Oh I think she like me. And look at that big old ‘Q’ in the startup. Has Nokia buried the hatchet with Qualcomm?