Somewhere, a Motorla XOOM owner weeps today. Samsung just gave us the heads up that their Galaxy Tab 10.1 will be launching on Verizon’s LTE network come July 28 in Metallic Gray or Glossy White flavors. The tablet also comes in 16GB or 32GB versions while packing Android 3.1 Gingerbread, a 1Ghz NVIDIA Tegra2 processor, 1080p out, and a 3MP rear-facing and 2MP front facing camera. Prices are competitive to the iPad with the 16GB model going for $529.99 and the 32GB model going for $629.99, both on two year contracts. A data plan is obviously extra and those hot Verizon LTE speeds might quickly drain your allotted bandwidth. 2GB/month will run you $30, 5GB will be $50, and the power users who want 10 whole gigabytes will have to dish out $80 a month. If those data plans seem a bit steep to you, fear not, for Samsung and Verizon will also offer a Wi-Fi only version of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Metallic Gray for only $499.99 on the same day. To further sweeten the deal, new Tab owners will also get $25 in Samsung Media Hub credit. Full PR in the snazzy toggle-box below.
[toggle_box title=”SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 10.1 WITH 4G LTE AVAILABLE AT VERIZON WIRELESS” width=”100%”]
4G LTE and Wi-Fi models Available
Only 8.6 Millimeters Thin and Weighing in at 1.25 pounds
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. –Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1™ with 4G LTE will be available July 28 in either Metallic Gray or Glossy White in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com/galaxytab4glte.
- 4G LTE– customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage area
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n
- Android™ 3.1 Honeycomb platform –Supports Google Mobile Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™, Google Maps™, Google Movies™, Google Books™ and Android Market™
- Adobe® Flash® 10.3 technology
- NVIDIA® Tegra2 dual core 1GHz application processor
- 10.1-inch HD touchscreen display with WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution
- 3 megapixel rear-facing camera and 2 megapixel front-facing camera for video chat capabilities
- 1080p HD video playback on an HD TV or other 1080p HD device
- Samsung Media Hub –Offering a vast lineup of critically acclaimed films and TV programs for rent or purchase. Media Hub has been redesigned allowing customers to playback Media Hub content on their TV through an HDMI adapter (sold separately). Purchased content can be shared with up to five devices enabled with Media Hub at no extra cost
Pricing and data plans:
- Verizon Wireless will offer two 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 models both priced with two year customer agreements: $529.99 or the 16GB model and $629.99 for the 32GB model.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 customers will have the option to choose one of the following Mobile Broadband plans:
- $30 monthly access for 2GB monthly allowance
- $50 monthly access for 5GB monthly allowance
- $80 monthly access for 10GB monthly allowance
- A 16GB Wi-Fi-only Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will also be available online at www.verisonwireless.com on July 28 for $499.99. The WiFi-only model will be available in Metallic Grey.
Samsung Media Hub Credit:
- For a limited time, Verizon Wireless customers will get a free $25 Media Hub credit from Samsung with their Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 purchase, good towards TV program purchases. Restrictions apply. See inbox insert for additional details or visit www.samsung.com/VerizonTabPromo.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3 million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets wireless handsets and telecommunications products throughout North America. For more information, please visit www.samsungwireless.com.